BC Advanced Education Minister Andrew Wilkinson recently issued a press release about Open Education Week: “Technology and the need for affordable, high-quality education materials are driving new ways of thinking about teaching and learning. Today, there is a growing movement toward free and open sharing of educational resources as a way to increase access to education and knowledge for everyone. Open Education Week celebrates this new direction, and helps raise awareness of the many new opportunities for learners and educators to meet their needs and goals.”
As part of Open Education Week, March 9-13, 2015, BCcampus has organized a week of Open Education webinars. Topics include:
- A Discussion on Open Pedagogy
- Distinguishing the dOERs: Faculty use of Open Educational Resources
- Can I actually use it? Testing open textbooks for accessibility
- Institutional Library Support
- The Open Web: (a) Lost (b) Reclaimed (c) Co-claimed (d) All of the above
These webinars are open to anyone who wishes to participate.